- Arsenal will set a record today by playing in their 19th FA Cup final.
- They currently jointly hold the record for winning the most FA Cups – eleven.
- This is the tenth time Arsenal and Aston Villa have been drawn against each other in the FA Cup. Those ten ties took 13 matches to decide with Arsenal winning 7 times, Aston Villa 3 times and three draws.
- Arsene Wenger has won five FA Cups, but the record is held by ex-Villa manager George Ramsay (6).
- The last three times (1998, 2003 and 2014) Arsenal have faced lower division opposition at the semi-final stage they’ve lifted the trophy .
- Striker Olivier Giroud can boast seven goals in his 13 FA Cup appearances, whilst he has scored in his last three games against Villa.
- Danny Welbeck boasts four goals in his last four games against Villa.
- Arsenal have lost only three of their last 34 matches in all against Aston Villa, winning 22 and drawing 9.
- Mesut Özil has two goals and two assists in three appearances against Aston Villa.
- Aston Villa have kept just two clean sheets in their last 21 FA Cup matches.
- Aston Villa have won 7 of the 10 FA Cup Finals they’ve played in, but none since 1957.
- Christian Benteke has scored three goals in his last three appearances against Arsenal
- Six of the last eight finals Villa have been in finished 2-1
- The eight FA Cup finals staged at the new Wembley have been decided by just one goal.
- Only one team has scored in 16 out of the last 21 FA Cup finals.
Football Predictions For Today
With Arsenal being so dominant in recent encounters, they are strongly fancied to win this in 90-minutes – and plenty of big-hitters will be backing them to do so at 4/7.
However, with the strong statistics about only one team scoring, and the games being decided by just one goal, the 13/2 for it to finish 1-0 to Arsenal could offer the best value.
With Oliver Giroud scoring in each of his last 3 games against Villa, he also looks the value to be first goalscorer at 9/2.