2018 World Cup Qualifying continues this weekend, and England vs Lithuania kicks-off at 5pm on Sunday 26 March.
Group F So Far
Group F is a pretty poor group to be honest and, though England may again not be competitive in Russia in 2018, if they don’t win this group they shouldn’t get paid – in my opinion! However, after 4 games, England find themselves in pole-position to claim the one automatic qualifying spot, though they can’t afford any slip-ups against minnows like Lithuania with the potentially dangerous Slovenia and Slovakia snapping at their heels.
Interesting Facts About England And Lithuania
- England beat Lithuania 3-0 and 4-0 on their way to qualifying for Euro 2016.
- The last time England lost a qualification match for a major championship was in October 2009, since when they have won or drawn 33 consecutive qualifiers, winning 25 and drawing 8.
- England have yet to concede a goal in Group F in 4 games, which is hardly surprising when you consider England’s defence has allowed the opposition to have just 6-shots on target so far in their 2018 World Cup Qualifying Campaign.
- England have managed 21 shots on target in their 2018 World Cup Qualifying Campaign – scoring 6 of them.
- England have won 14 of their last 16 matches at Wembley.
- England scored in all of those 16 matches at Wembley.
- Lithuania have lost 4 and drawn 2 of their last away 6 games in the qualifying group-stages of major competitions.
England v Lithuania Betting
Best Odds: England 2/15, Draw 8/1, Lithuania 33/1
There are lots of statistics that suggest that England should win this easily, including those 3-0 and 4-0 defeats of Lithuania in Euro 2016 Qualifying. Lithuania, though not playing too badly, were also put in their place in Slovenia where they lost 4-0. Best odds of 2/15 for an England win may not tempt many, but the 8/15 for England to win to nil looks a fair price. However, in search of a bit of value, backing England to win 3-0 and 4-0, respectively at 5/1 and 15/2, looks a much more interesting betting strategy.
First Last Scorer Markets
However, if you’re not convinced by England’s defensive qualities, one statistic catches the eye in the first and last goal-scorer markets – and that’s the fact Fiodor Cernych has scored-first 3-times in Lithuania’s first 4 Group F Matches. If you think he can do it again – you can have 25/1 – and that looks a worthy saver.
England v Lithuania Tips
1.5 Points England To Win 3-0 @ 5/1 (Paddy Power)
1 Point England To Win 4-0 @ 15/2 (Paddy Power)
0.5 Points Fiodor Cernych To Score First @ 25/1 (William Hill, Stan James)
Leave a Comment Below
Be the second to leave a comment below!